Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 19, 2011

SKETCH-charcoal on paper






Ismadi sculpture(warrior series) solo exhibition,
Taksu Gallery, K.Lumpur.1995


I explore the intersection and tension of the natural and human constructed environments. I am interested in exploring how these environments affect us physically and psychologically. The history of our changing views and interpretations of our relationship with the natural world are a constant source of inspiration and surprise.

Ismadi's solo exhibition at Paris, 2009

My work changes from drawing to completion; this process of not knowing what will emerge is important to how I create. My analytical mind helps in developing ideas and research, but my best work occurs when I can focus on intuition, getting into the moment of creation: I create in spite of self-consciousness.


I understand my work through contradictions, imagining where it lays within broad spectrums such as nature / culture, intuition / reason, landscape / object, surface / form and process / product. My creative process also include contradictions: organic and synthetic forms, salvaged and new materials, planning and experimentation.



I strive to create such beauties in nature, mixtures of the memorable and unknown item found. The Pahang rural area inspires me with its “in-between areas”, areas between city and country, urban and rural, nature and culture. Differentiations between land, sea and sky change with cycles of weather and tides. Physical features do not meet expectations of geographic understanding, leaving a sense of the unknown. New composition and simplyfication landscapes are created, mixtures of concrete, sea, structures, hills, flora, coasts and fog.


Still,charcoal on paper,42x30cm,2011,artist collection.

Pending,charcoal on paper,42x30cm,2011,
Private collection.


Manjalara2(sketch),charcoal on paper,42x30cm,2011,
Halimi & Farah collection


Keris,charcoal on paper,42x30cm,2011,private collection


Sketch for Inderapura Series-February Muncul Lagi
(February comes again),charcoal on paper, 42x30cm,2011,
artist collection


Sketch for 'Inderapura series-Dia Masih Sembunyi'(still hiding),
charcoal on paper,42x30cm,2011, artist collection


sketch for 'Inderapura' series,'Cerita Dari Seberang'(from
a side story),charcoal on paper,42x30cm,2011


DRAWINGS ON PAPER-MIX MEDIA(STUDIES OF INDERAPURA)





at Florence,Italy


SKETCH






No comments:

Post a Comment