Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Charcoal drawings- Jangan Conteng pakai Arang


I regard the use of sketchbooks to be an essential working tool. My sketchbooks are a living breathing part of my artistic development and have been responsible for more finished pieces and breakthroughs in my art than I care to remember. A sketchbook is one area where an artist can be truly free to record and document intimate, personal and usually private ideas. These ideas can often point the artist in significant directions.

I favour small pocket sized books that can be taken everywhere with ease and usually draw with a pressure sensitive charcoal that gives a wide variety of line. The contents of these books have no boundaries and are rarely seen by anyone. The imagery contained within often takes years to surface and mature into finished pieces.

"My art evolves from an inner process: thoughts swirling, layering, merging, transcending, radiating energy, hearkening memories, pulsing, soothing, blending mediums that stain, run, cry and spill into each other. Shadows emerge revealing planes, light, expression and texture begging touch."













No comments:

Post a Comment